Sexuality is one of the most natural and primal aspects of human life—its beauty is worth embracing. Yet sexuality is shrouded in shame and taboo. People of all genders, sexualities, and relationship status can feel ashamed or uncomfortable sharing their sexual desires in intimate settings. Sexual exploration is a deeply personal and emotional experience. It can be difficult to find a supportive and non-judgmental partner to create and foster a safe environment.
Sexological bodywork offers a unique approach that provides individuals and couples with the safe space they need to continue their journey of sexual exploration while promoting physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
In this article, we'll explore what sexological bodywork is, its history, and how CBD herbal smoke blends and intimacy oils can enhance the experience.
What is Sexological Bodywork?
Sexological bodywork is a holistic and experiential approach to sexual healing and exploration. The practice of sexological bodywork is rooted in sex positivity, which celebrates and embraces all sexual experiences, desires, and orientations.
Typically, during a guided session a certified practitioner will walk the client through a series of somatic and therapeutic exercises to help them connect with their sexual energy. These activities could include talk therapy, breathwork, body awareness, mindfulness, movement, and touch. In some cases, the client may receive homework assignments, like exploring themselves through touch or communicating their deepest desires with their partner.
Everyone practices sexological bodywork for their own reasons. Some people are seeking help overcoming shame, trauma, and limiting beliefs around their sexuality. While others are looking to rev up their sex life and learn new ways of experiencing pleasure. Sexological bodywork coaches are here to provide a non-judgmental and supportive space to help empower the client to explore their sexual goals and desires.
What is the History of Sexological Bodywork?
Interestingly, sexological bodywork emerged as a distinct discipline in the 1980s in response to the AIDS epidemic within the gay community. Joseph Kramer, a sexologist and somatic educator developed the practice of erotic bodywork AKA somatic sex education to help empower men during a time of crisis and heartbreak. Betty Dodson, a feminist icon, artist and author played a major role in creating the space for women to embrace themselves through their sexuality since the late 1960s.
The practice of sexological bodywork has evolved over time but is now recognized as a distinct profession. Sexological bodywork draws from a range of fields, including Tantra, Taoism, and Western psychology. If you’re a sensual being who’s interested in exploring this career path, there are a variety of organizations offering training in sexological bodywork.
What are the Benefits of Sexological Bodywork?
For people looking to explore and enhance their sexuality, sexological bodywork may be able to help:
- Improve Sexual Function: Sexological bodywork can help individuals overcome physical issues related to their sexuality, such as pain during intercourse, difficulty achieving orgasm, erectile dysfunction, or premature ejaculation. It can also help individuals become more aware of their body and their sexual energy, which can enhance their pleasure and sexual satisfaction.
- Increase Emotional Well-Being: Sexological bodywork can also help boost people’s confidence and help develop greater emotional intelligence, including empathy and self-awareness. This emotional intelligence can improve communication skills and enhance intimate relationships. Similarly, it can help empower individuals to feel more comfortable and confident in their bodies, which can lead to higher self-esteem and emotional well-being.
- Increase Spiritual Well-Being: Sexological bodywork can help individuals connect with their spiritual energy and develop a deeper sense of connection with themselves and others. This perspective shift of compassion and awareness can help individuals feel more present, mindful, and connected in their sexual experiences.
- Increase Self-Awareness: Through touch, breathwork, and movement, Sexological Bodywork helps individuals deepen their connection with their bodies and increase their body awareness, sexual desires, and boundaries. This increased self-awareness can help individuals make more informed choices about their sexual health and well-being.
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety: By promoting relaxation and stress relief, sexological bodywork can reduce anxiety and promote overall well-being.
- Overcoming Sexual Blocks and Traumas: Sexological Bodywork can help individuals overcome sexual blocks and traumas that may be impacting their sexual well-being. The somatic and experiential approach can help individuals process and release emotional and physical tensions, and create new patterns of sexual response.
What are CBD herbal smoke blends, and how can they enhance the sexological bodywork experience?
CBD herbal blends are a combination of CBD flower and other herbs, such as lavender, chamomile, and mint. These blends are typically smoked or vaped—but can also be prepared as a tea. When CBD is combined with other herbs, they can have a synergistic effect—meaning they work better together.
CBD is a non-psychoactive compound found in cannabis varieties. Numerous studies have shown CBD has a range of health benefits, including reducing anxiety, stress, pain, and inflammation while improving sleep and promoting relaxation. These calming effects of CBD can enhance the sensual experience, promoting a deeper sense of relaxation, intimacy, and sexual arousal.
Herbal smoke blends like Pleasure or The High Priestess can promote relaxation and stress relief, making them an ideal addition to enhance sexological bodywork sessions. They can help individuals feel more present and connected in their bodies, which can lead to greater pleasure and satisfaction.
What are CBD intimacy oils, and how can they be used to promote relaxation and enhance sexual pleasure?
CBD intimacy oils like Rouse and Drip are a type of personal lubricant containing CBD and other natural ingredients. These oils are designed to promote relaxation and enhance sexual pleasure, making them a great option for all sexual people. The soothing effects of CBD can reduce discomfort and enhance sensitivity, leading to a more satisfying and pleasurable sexual experience.
Sexological bodywork provides a unique approach to sexual exploration for couples and individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Working with a certified practitioner can help people improve their physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. By incorporating CBD herbal smoke blends and intimacy oils into sexual routines or sexological bodywork, people can enhance their sexual experiences, promote relaxation, embrace intimacy, and increase pleasure.
Please use this information with discretion:
Disclaimer: The effects of CBD may vary from person to person and may interact with different medications or medical conditions. Furthermore, CBD is not a substitute for medical treatment for sexual dysfunction or other sexual health concerns, so consult with your healthcare provider before using CBD for intimacy or if you're experiencing ongoing issues.
*This product is not intended for use by or sale to persons under the age of 21. This product should be used only as directed. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of this product has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research.
All CBD and hemp-derived products from The High Priestess Herbal Wellness are third-party lab tested for potency and contain less than 0.3% THC in accordance with Federal regulations.